Today's ultra-light notebooks, mini, and all-in-one desktop computers now have tremendous processing power—power that
many thought would only be possible in full-size workstation or large desktop computers. Smaller in size and more portable,
they're very desirable. For pros in the creative fields, processing power alone is not enough. A prime example is the new Mac Pro.
Reviewers love its performance, but make a point of mentioning its lack of internal expansion capabilities compared to the old towers the new model replaces.
If you want to add more capabilities, think external—the new Pro is loaded with Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 ports, but it lacks the PCIe expansion
slots necessary for you to install specialty high bandwidth NIC cards, or HBAs and RAID controller cards for high-performance storage. With the
Echo Express SEL, Sonnet has created a solution that leverages the paradigm shift enabled by Thunderbolt technology, allowing
PCIe expansion slots to be connected outside a computer. This very compact desktop Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe card expansion chassis is ideal
for connecting one professional 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, SAS/SATA host bus adapter or RAID controller PCIe card to any Mac® with a Thunderbolt port.
Featuring 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology that provides sufficient bandwidth to support many of the highest performance and most demanding PCIe cards,
the Echo Express SEL delivers maximum performance when connected to a computer with Thunderbolt 2. The SEL is also fully compatible with computers
with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology, supporting most cards at full-performance.
• Use PCIe Expansion Cards with Computers Lacking Slots—Use high-performance PCIe cards with any Mac with a Thunderbolt port
• Thunderbolt 2 Interface—Maximum performance with computers with Thunderbolt 2 technology, backward compatible with host computers
and other devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology
• Compact and Light—Most compact Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe expansion system available, designed to fit the most popular Thunderbolt-compatible
high-speed networking and storage controller interface cards
• One PCIe Slot—Supports low-profile PCIe card
• Two Thunderbolt Ports—Daisy chain up to six devices to a single port on the host computer
• Remarkably Quiet—Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan automatically and quietly cools the card
• Energy Saver Mode—Powers on/off automatically with the computer
• Rugged Aluminum Housing—Provides robust and secure protection for any environment